Quivr Ltd, trading as Local Wednesdays, (“we”, “our”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our website terms and conditions that apply to your use of our website) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed and used by us in relation to your use of the Website and any Services or Systems therein. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Quivr Ltd of Suite 2, Duke’s House, 4-6 High Street, Windsor, Berks, SL4 1LD.
Information We May Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.Local Wednesdays.co.uk (the “Website”). This includes information provided at the time of registering for our Privilege Card, our newsletter, other material or contacting us this may include email addresses, telephone numbers and postcodes or other information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If you enter one of our competitions or free draws we will keep a copy of the data you submit to us.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data and other communication data, the resources that you access and the transactions you make.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your device identifier, IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to report aggregate information to our business users and for marketing purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your usage of the Website by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer or the internal memory of your mobile device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive or your mobile device’s internal memory. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our Website.
If you sign up for any of our newsletters or Privilege Card, we will send you information about our vouchers, printable offers, deals, sales or other products and services we feel may interest you by email, by SMS or by post. Your details may also be used to send you information about our other websites that we feel are relevant to your registration on the Website.
You can sign up to our newsletter through submitting your email address at any of the sign up boxes featured throughout the Website. By providing your email address you agree to receive regular newsletter emails from the Website.
You can unsubscribe from receiving our newsletter by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link featured within each of our newsletters.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you is stored at our parent company (“Quivr Ltd”) which is located in the UK and your personal data (as described in “Information we may Collect from You” above) can be accessed by Quivr Ltd and will be used for communication of information, request fulfillment, statistical analysis and optimisation of websites and marketing.
Please note that third parties may independently collect data about you, including your IP address, information about the websites you visit and the links you click, through cookies, clicks on links, or other means when you visit or view ads on the Website.
All information you provide to us is stored on our (or our third party service providers’) secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you, your computer and mobile device.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in competitions and interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To provide you with marketing services.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to our merchants, but only to the extent you have redeemed a voucher offered by the merchant, or participated in an offer, contest or other activity sponsored or offered through the Website on behalf of the merchant.
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers that provide services for us to assist us in carrying out the purposes described in “Uses Made of the Information” above such as sending emails on our behalf, processing payments, and facilitating card-linked offers. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect personal information and are only allowed to use the personal information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Local Wednesdays or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website terms and conditions, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Local Wednesdays, our customers, or others.
- We may share information submitted as part of third party promotional activities only when you agree the specific Terms and Conditions of the promotion by opting in to the promotion.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
To unsubscribe from our newsletter please click the “Unsubscribe” link featured within each of our newsletters.
Legal Department, Quivr Ltd
Suite 2, Duke’s House, 4-6 High Street, Windsor, Berks, SL4 1LD